Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Addition


We have a new addition to our family...a kitten! We got it last Sunday, so we've officially had the little guy for a week now. As you know, I'm a sucker for animals, especially ones that need homes. If I could, I'd take them all in and love them like their big, human mama! So another teacher at my work came into the lunch room last Thursday asking if anyone wanted a kitten because his daughter's best friend's family was foreclosing in their house and needed to find it a home. Without hesitation, I raised my hand and shouted, "I do!" So I came home and told Jake, who loves animals just as much as me (good thing because any man who married me HAS to LOVE animals since I do so much), and he was thrilled too! At first, the kitty wasn't too fond of Smudge, our puppy, and he would hiss his heart out, which scared me to death because I thought kitty was going to claw out my eyes and any other exposed flesh, and Smudge just wanted to play her little heart out, so I was horrified that my 2 pets would be arch enemies forever. HOWEVER...after 3 days of hissing and barking, they are now best friends and play the day away rolling around on the ground and licking each other to death. Our kitty is adorable too; he's orange and white striped with BLUE eyes! We are still debating on a name, so feel free to help us, here are our choices... Oliver (like the cat in Disney's "Oliver & Company"), Raja (like the tiger in "Aladdin" and my favorite Suns player, Raja Bell, which is our last name too!), OR Meowzer (which is my particular favorite because it's funny!

What do you think???

6 comments:

Caleb said...

I have a funny story. So a girl in class with me has been telling us about her boyfriend for a few weeks now and tonight I asked to see a picture of him, and I thought...that's funny. He looks EXACTLY like Mekell's hubby. WHOA-what if he's cheating on her?! Then I see a picture of his twin's brother's wedding and there's my twin! You know Brittany! I know Brittany! WHOA. That's all I have to say. WHOA.

Jody said...

Aw! I seriously can't wait to visit you!

Mekell and Jake said...

That right there is INSANE! Such a small world!! That must mean that you know Mrs. Hunt. She's your teacher, right? She was one of my best friends at NAU!!! Small world!

Caleb said...

Yep. Found out that you know Mrs. Hunt too after I posted that last night. It's funny that you call her Mrs. Hunt as well. You know how there's the 6 steps to Kevin Bacon game? I'm convinced you have that beat. I am officially launching the THREE steps to Mekell Bell game. If I didn't know you better I might think you were some kinda hussy....

B and C said...

Oh my she is darling! I swear Steiwe is part cat so I think he would love a cat friend too. I like the name Raja sooo much! You both are such tender hearted people...love it.

Mekell and Jake said...

Christine, you should TOTALLY get Stewie a kitty friend! They are the easiest pets ever! He would LOVE it!

Marie, my twin...I'm no hussy, just a gal that knows tons of people! Funny how small the world is! I don't call her Mrs. Hunt, I actually call her Alice, but I knew you would know her by that name...

great tunes