Thursday, November 6, 2008

Smudge.






It just dawned on me that we need to put pictures up of our baby!!! Smudge is our adorable, feisty, and loving pomeranian puppy that I bought last year on December 7th. She is, by all counts, my baby, and for awhile, I called myself a single mom before Jake and I got married! She is the apple of our eye, and for now, she is satisfying our need for a baby. In fact, I think puppies are great training for babies. You love them so much, but you have to clean up their poop, and they wake you up 3 times a night with their crying.

Our little girl, although sweet, is also sometimes a holy terror, running with the end of the toilet paper all throughout the house, stealing any sock she can find, and sometimes getting that naughty look in her eyes as she does things just because she knows they make me mad. However, she is the best dog ever because she is so playful, and she would play fetch all day long if possible, she loves anything alive, kissing to death any human that will let her and playing her heart out with any other animal she meets, and the best part is when she nuzzles her little head into your neck and sleeps, just like right now how she's laying on my cold feet, warming them up.

You may think I'm one of those crazies who loves animals more than people and treats her pets like a person, which may be true, especially since I call her my baby and have like 6 outfits I dress her in, but I love my puppy so much; she makes our little family complete!

11 comments:

Jody said...

I'm so with you! Sadie is like our little baby. I just hope she can adjust to getting a sibling in a few months!

Adorable pictures!

Mekell and Jake said...

Oh, she will. Dogs are so sweet and loving, she will adore the new baby!

Susy said...

Why couldn't I have gotten some love for a dog from you Kell? Todd and the kids want one SO bad. I just can't do it yet.

Susy said...

Hey did you get my invite to our blog?

Mekell and Jake said...

I didn't get it...here's my email, mekellmybelle@aol.com. Oh my gosh, you would LOVE a dog after you got it! I promise, it would totally grow on you and would become part of your family! Do it, it's the best thing for a kid ever!

The Ridgway Family said...

Smudgie was such a darling little puppy. Not that she's not cute now, but oh man that puppy picture. Now you guys just have to come over and watch our movie since married people ado nothing fun!

Keisa

Courtney said...

Saw your comment about "boring baby posts" on Rachel's blog...but then laughed about your baby dog post. LOL!

Mekell and Jake said...

haha, kind of hyocritical of me, huh?!

everything petersen said...

I'm with Susy, my boys would love a dog. I just can't do it. Help me out!

Mekell and Jake said...

I promise if you get one you think is cute, then you will grow attached and love that thing so much!

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

Hey guys! I just saw that you had a blog and its so cute! you guys look so happy together :)
..and I love your dog! well if you want to check out me and steve's blog, its http://steveandbrindyarnett.blogspot.com/

great tunes